1986 Hinterhoeller 35' (10.67 m) Niagara
South Bristol, Maine, United States
Salacia" is a very well maintained, late model version of the popular Hinterhoeller Niagara 35 Encore. Her current owners have cruised her locally as well as some longer passages from New Brunswick to the Bahamas during the 10 years that they have owned her.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: ZHY352190686
"Salacia" is a very well maintained, late model version of the popular Hinterhoeller Niagara 35 Encore. Her current owners have cruised her locally as well as some longer passages from New Brunswick to the Bahamas during the 10 years that they have owned her. She has an impressive list of cruising equipment with the addition of new main, staysail and spinnaker halyards, 4 new batteries and a new alternator in the past year. For a full list of her impressive inventory, please check out her full specs and make your appointment to see "Salacia" today!
LOA: 35' (10.67 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 11' 5''
Draft Max: 5' 2''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 30 Gallons (113.56 Liters)
Fresh Water: 80 Gallons (302.83 Liters)
Holding Tank: 20 Gallons (75.71 Liters)
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Westerbeke
- Engine Model: 27A
- Engine Year: 1986
- Engine Type: V Drive
- Power HP: 27.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
"Salacia" is well maintained and has wonderful accommodations for owners and guests. The master cabin is forward with large double to port and a seat to starboard that will convert into an even larger bed. This cabin has very good storage space with lockers and drawers. There is a private door entry into the head and shower.
The head is spacious and has a separate shower stall, and good storage space. It may be entered from the companionway leading from the salon, or as mentioned, from the master cabin. The vanity with mirror and S/S sink has pressure hot & cold water system. The manual head was replaced in 2013 as was all of the associated plumbing. At that time a new 20 gallon holding tank was installed under the forward berth.
"Salacia" has excellent ventilation and light throughout, provided by large hatches and many opening ports. The Encore model sleeps six comfortably. The interior is very nice with varnished teak and holly sole, beautiful joinery work, and sage green velour cushions throughout.
The salon has comfortable settees port and starboard - port converts to a double, the starboard to a single berth. The dinette table is fixed to the salon sole, and double in size; the top folds over to accommodate the starboard settee. There is additional storage space in the table. There is a comfortable quarter berth that also serves as the seat for the chart table.
The U-shaped galley is to port as you enter the salon from the cockpit. It has ample storage and counter top space. The galley cabinetry hinges forward to gain access to the engine compartment.
- Double s/s sinks with large locker underneath
- Heavily insulated ice box with dark Lucite shelves
- Refrigeration/Freezer system (solar/12 V) with drain via 3-way valve through the foot pump.
- Three burner s/s propane stove with oven
- Cutting board over stove
- Numerous storage lockers with dark Lucite doors
- Pressure water with pump.
- Fresh water foot pump.
- Trash bin.
- Garmin 741xs Plotter
- Garmin GPSmap 210 Plotter (Nav Station)
- Garmin Radar
- Standard Horizon Explorer VHF
- Datamarine Wind
- Datamarine Speed
- Datamarine Depth
- CTP Autopilot
- Ritchie Compass
- Bad Boy Unleashed Wi-Fi Broadcaster Booster
- Sirius antenna for AM/FM radio
- New 55 ft VHF mast head coax cable-3/16
- Remote toggle switch for windlass located in the starboard cockpit lazarette
- Icom hand held VHF
Sails & Rigging
- Main (Good Condition)
- 135% Genoa (New 2016)
- (2) Staysails
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker w/ Sock
- New Main, Staysail & Spinnaker Halyards (2023)
- New Genoa Halyard (2018)
- New Shroud and Backstay Turnbuckles (2015)
- Spinnaker Pole
- Removable Staysail Headstay
- Navtec Rod Rigging
- Aluminum Single Spreader Mast
- Aluminum Boom
- Profurl Headsail Roller Furling
- Barient Winches
Deck & Hull
- Hull is blue
- Fiberglass sandwich deck
- 44# Rockna Vulcan anchor w/ 150' Acco G4 5/16" Chain & 150' 5/8" Nylon Rode
- 35# CQR anchor w/ 16' of chain & 150' of 3/4" Nylon Rode
- Raw water wash-down at bow.
- Fresh water wash at port side stern
- S/S bowsprit with double rollers
- S/S double bow and stern rails
- Double life lines and double gates
- Cockpit Dodger
- Cockpit Bimini
- Connector for Bimini and Dodger
- Teak cockpit table w/ drink holders
- Windex wind indicator
- Masthead tricolor running and anchor light
- Radar reflector
- Two propane gas tanks in vented locker with solenoid fuel shut-off value
- Whale gusher 10 manual pump
- Boat fenders
- Dock lines
- Lifesling and MOB Pole
- Boat hook
- Ensign & staff
- Fire extinguishers.
- Cockpit grating aft.
- Cockpit Cushions
- Bosun Chair
- Emergency Tiller
- New 2023 Commercial grade tarp for boat and numbered wood frame work. Owner also has galvanized frame for old canvas cover. Canvas cover not available.
- 6 Jack Stands
- 2.5HP 4 stroke Yamaha outboard (2013)
- 8.5ft Avon hard bottom inflatable w/ foot pump & ash oars (2002)
- Boat is equipped with propane leak detector
- Stern mounted outboard engine hoist
- Lofran Windlass
- Equipped with both AC and DC Systems
- 30amp Shore Power w/ Cord
- GFCI Outlets
- Heart Freedom 15 Battery Charger/Inverter (Control at Nav)
- (4) Trojan 6-Volt 225AH House Batteries (New 2023)\
- 12 Volt Ultra Pro 1000CA Engine Battery (New 2023)
- Arco Marine Alternator & Belt (New 2022)
- Duo 100 Watt Solar w/ Controller
- Adler Barber Refrigeration (New 2016)
- 12 Volt LED Cabin Lighting
- Rule Bilge Pump
- Day/Night Forward Solar Vent (2022)
- New TM1 Waste Tank Monitor (2020)
- Propane On Demand Hot Water Heater
- Wiring was replaced by Royal River Marina in 2012
- All bulbs were changed to LED's except the steaming light bulb not just the cabin light bulbs
- Day/night solar vent in main cabin
Engine & Mechanical
"Salacia" is equipped with her original freshwater cooled 1986 Westerbeke-27 with v-drive. The transmission is a Hurth V-drive with a 2.13 to 1 gear ratio coupled with a 1" stainless steel shaft (new 2018) In 2014 the current owner began a fairly extensive rebuilt of the engine. This work included: re-built cylinder head, new circulation cooling pump, replacement of 3 exhaust valves and 1 intake valve, new valve seats, new heat exchanger, new fuel injectors, new water pump, new starter, new exhaust riser and most recently a new alternator and belt in 2023. A new PYI dripless shaft seal was installed in 2018.
- 1986 27hp Westerbeke Diesel (Approx. 4600hrs)
- Edson Pedestal Dual Cable Controls (New Levers 2017)
- New Heat Exchanger (2015)
- New Freshwater Circulation Pump (2014)
- New Raw Water Pump (2020)
- New Alternator/Belt (2023)
- Exhaust Riser Replaced (2020)
- New Starter (2020)
- 3 Blade Max Prop (Reconditioned 2017)
- Forward Isolation Feet for Engine (2018)
- New Cutlass Bearing (2018)
- Fuel Polished (Spring Commissioning 2023)
- Engine oil changed every 100-150 hrs and at lay up in the fall
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
Rob grew up on the coast of Maine where he began sailing at the age of 8 through a local yacht club program. He learned many important lessons about teamwork in those early days of sailing turnabouts and 420âs. Later he would become an instructor with that same program teaching kids and adults the joys of day sailing and racing. After graduating from college in 2002 he then moved to Annapolis Maryland and began his career as a yacht broker specializing in the sale of blue water trawlers and sailboats.
Upon his return to Maine in 2013 he opened a satellite office for a brokerage based in Newport at Handy Boat Service in Falmouth. Here he oversaw the sale of both new and used boats with an emphasis on cruising sailboats. In 2017 Rob joined the team at East Coast Yacht Sales in their Yarmouth office where he continues to develop and hone his abilities to coordinate custom boat builds and facilitate smooth transactions for both buyers and sellers on the brokerage market.Â